Implementation of Autonomous Systems in Mining Guideline V2 – Health and Safety, Regulations, and Workforce Community and Social Impact Workshop 1
April 7 2021 8-10:30 am EDT | 1-3:30 pm CET | 8-10:30 pm AWST+
About the project:
The first version of the Guideline for the Implementation of Autonomous Systems in Mining is being used within the industry as a playbook for effective autonomous systems implementation, as a way to understand customer needs, and as an educational, communications, and operational tool. Version 2 will offer updated guidance and considerations on justifying, planning, developing, testing, implementing, and executing autonomous systems.
About the workshop:
Workshop participants will review and revise three sections: Health and Safety, Regulations, and Workforce Community and Social Impact, which focus on meeting new health and safety requirements particularly as they relate to autonomous system implementation and the social impact of autonomy in the community.
- Health and Safety: This section currently includes content on risk management and emergency response. A key focus of this workshop will be considering differentiating elements for autonomous systems, especially around the more generic risk management content.
- Regulations: This section currently includes guidance on engaging regulators. It requires review to make sure it is globally applicable.
- Workforce, Community, and Social Impact: This section includes information on the evolving workforce requirements, communications strategy, social and economic impact assessment, and education and skills migration. It primarily requires review to make sure it is up to date.
Review and revise:
- 5.1.1 Risk Identification
- 5.1.2 Risk Analysis
- 5.1.3 Controls for Risk and Hazard Management
- 5.1.4 Monitoring and Review
- 5.1.5 Documentation
- 5.2 Emergency Management Planning
- 6.1 Engaging Regulators
- 7.1 Engagement Plan
- 7.1.1 Evolving Workforce Requirements
- 7.1.2 Evolving Workforce Requirements
- 7.1.3 Social and Economic Impact Assessment
- 7.2 Education and Skills Migration
This workshop will be held virtually on two separate dates to accommodate different time zones. Click here to view the other date and time option.