As new technologies and systems are adopted in the mining industry, they produce a wider range of data, which is being used for critical decision-making, reducing costs, optimizing processes, forecasting, trend analysis and more. However, the industry is also facing many challenges with integration, interoperability, and the overall management of data.
- Understanding distributed responsibilities (operator, vendor, third party, etc).
- Cross-functional IoT data integration
- Autonomous systems and sensor integration
- Access to and usage of equipment telemetry data/mobile equipment open data
- Good data quality practices (e.g., processing, storage, cleaning)
- Enabling and applying data-driven decision-making
- Establishing a foundation for applying advanced systems
- Knowledge and education on data fundamentals
- Human factors (e.g. distractions re. integration challenges)
- Navigating legal requirements (e.g., ownership, licensing)