23 Nov Launching workshops to update the Underground Mine Communications Infrastructure guideline
Originally published as a 3-part suite, the updated version is being restructured to become an implementation guideline as:
- the needs of industry have changed
- future proofing the current document should be a priority (Wifi, LTE, 5G, etc)
- to create a more compact guideline that emphasizes appendixes to allow the audience easy access to the specific info they need.
- Business case
- Mine Design & Operations
- Communications System Design
- Operational Metrics & Performance Criteria
- Maintenance & Supply Chain
- Lifecycle Management
A series of workshops is planned to focus on addressing the needs and challenges related to setting up, implementing, and maintaining these infrastructures. These workshops are crucial for finalizing the guideline’s content.
Workshops (in English)
Workshops (held in Spanish): Infraestructuras de comunicaciones subterráneas