26 Apr Underground Mine Communications Infrastructure Guidelines Part II: Scenarios and Applications
This guideline, part two of a three-part series, is intended to provide guidance to an audience involved with the development of a mine during all phases of its lifecycle.
This guideline provides a breakdown of eight underground mine communications scenarios based on two key mining values: safety and productivity.
The eight different scenarios included are:
- Scenario 1: Operations Between Shifts
- Scenario 2: Accelerate Post-Blast Re-entry
- Scenario 3: Monitoring and Dispatching System
- Scenario 4: Auto Drilling Support
- Scenario 5: Autonomous Mining Activities
- Scenario 6: Underground Environment Monitoring and Analysis
- Scenario 7: Post-Accident Communication
- Scenario 8: Underground Mapping and Sampling
Each of the scenarios outlines the challenges, objectives, values, and technologies used. The common solution in each scenario is the use of communication technology and infrastructure that helps relay information to the right personnel, whether that be management or the rescue team, to solve a challenge that may potentially risk the health and safety of personnel working in underground mines or productivity of an operation.
This guideline was developed by the Underground Mining Working Group.